- July 5, 2023
- Posted by: manager
- Category: Taxation
Financial Support Ahead! Grocery Rebate Arrived on July 5th!
Effective from July 5th, eligible Canadians will receive their Grocery Rebate payments via direct deposit or cheque, facilitated by the Canada Revenue Agency.
Introducing in the Budget 2023, the Grocery Rebate is a one-time initiative that offers targeted relief from inflation to 11 million low- and modest-income Canadians and families:
- A single mother with a net income of $30,000 will receive $386.50 in addition to the $821 she is eligible for this benefit year through the GST Credit.
- A single senior with a net income of $20,000 will receive $233.50 in addition to the $496 he is eligible for this benefit year through the GST Credit.
- A couple with two children and a net income of $35,000 will receive $467 in addition to the $992 they are eligible for this benefit year through the GST Credit.
The Grocery Rebate will be automatically provided to recipients together with the July GST Credit payment, eliminating the need for a separate application. To be eligible for the rebate, Canadians must ensure they have filed their 2021 tax return, if they haven’t done so already..
Grocery Rebate Calculator
- You can utilize this calculator as a point of reference to determine the potential amount of Grocery Rebate that you and your family may be eligible for.
- Starting from January 2023, the Grocery Rebate will be twice the amount of your GST/HST credit payment. This payment is determined by your family situation and adjusted family net income in January 2023, based on your 2021 records.You have the potential to receive a maximum payment as follows:For individuals:
- No children: $234
- 1 child: $387
- 2 children: $467
- 3 children: $548
- 4 children: $628
For married individuals or those with a common-law partner:
- $306 if you have no children
- $387 if you have 1 child
- $467 if you have 2 children
- $548 if you have 3 children
- $628 if you have 4 children
Outstanding balances can be settled using tax refunds, benefit, and credit payments. To stay updated on the status of your benefits, simply log into your CRA My Account. The issuance of the Grocery Rebate is scheduled for July 5, 2023. In the event that you do not receive the rebate as expected, kindly allow 10 business days before contacting CRA.